Based on our research, professional experience and combined expertise, we have developed a new approach to strategy. In line with our purpose: better strategy making across the globe – we like to provide you with an enlightening overview of our new, distinct and grounded approach to strategy.
Main Objective of Our Approach
Strategy is an organization’s unique way of sustainable value creation. We define sustainable value creation as value creation where you, your customers and everyone else involved benefits. This means every key aspect of our approach is focused on enabling strategy professionals, organizations and investors to systematically maximize sustainable value creation. To realize this, every step of our approach generates rapid insights, robust decisions and committed actions.
You quickly understand the essence of your situation.
You make better, informed decisions faster.
You take immediate steps to implement your strategy.
Sustainable Value Creation
You create value for your customers, yourself and your stakeholders.
How We Define Strategy
Instead of defining strategy in vague or abstract terms, our grounded approach to strategy is based on a concrete definition of ten core elements that are linked through value creation. This unique perspective enables you to think about strategy systematically, communicate about strategy effectively and execute strategy successfully. The ten core elements are:
Customers & Needs
Resources & Competences
Costs & Risks
Values & Goals
Trends & Uncertainties
How We Define Value Creation
Your strategic success is ultimately determined by offering great products or services that your customers perceive create superior value in comparison to competing alternatives. Our grounded approach to strategy enables you define, prioritize and evaluate the value created by any product or service in terms of four dimensions:
Our Strategy Design Process
With our grounded to approach strategy design is a four phase continuous process of Diagnosis, Innovation, Validation and Execution (DIVE):
- Diagnosis: Comprehensive, interactive process for discovering the strengths and weaknesses of a strategy.
- Innovation: Solid, structured approach for systematically generating a new strategy or significantly improving an existing strategy.
- Validation: Rapid, structured process for evaluating a strategy and determining whether or not an organization can turn it into reality.
- Execution: Practical, systematic approach to turn a strategy into a simple, dynamic and prioritized course of action.
How We Drive Success
Confidence is critical for success. To make sure that you confidently maximize your sustainable value creation, our strategy approach has systematic value and confidence checks in every step of the strategy making process.
Based on these checks, our approach enables you to visualize your strategy in a Value-Confidence-Matrix. The four zones in this matrix show you immediately your confidence in whether or not your strategy will succeed.
Strategy Making as Continuous Process
With our approach, strategy making is a continuous process of strategy design, monitoring and realization.
Four phase process to design a strategy that you are confident will succeed.
Two-fold process to make sure your strategy is successfully realized.
Turning your strategy into reality via a dynamic process of experimentation and discovery.
How We Interact With You
Our Grounded Strategy Approach is a truly interactive experience in which we make strategy together with you and your team. This process is:
- Team-driven: Because strategy concerns the entire organization, we prefer to work with a team of your key people that represent the diversity of your employees and functions.
- Session-based: Our main mode of working is through a series of half-day interactive sessions with your team. In these sessions we collaboratively create new insights, decisions and actions.
- Co-creation: Since we have the expertise in strategy and you know your organization best, we drive the process, but rely on your experience, intuition and inputs.
- On-site: Strategy is inherently connected to the organization. Therefore, we like to have all strategy sessions on-site, at your organization.